Wednesday, January 12, 2005

I am so boring

I'd say the most interesting thing I did today was book my flight to San Diego in March. The rest of the day, I sat and read, and read, and read, and now I feel cross-eyed. It's time to do something else.

I got the flight for a VERY good price though, which makes me happy. I've been checking prices since before Christmas, and basically getting the same thing every time. Then today, I checked and I found a fare at LESS THAN HALF the fares I'd been seeing - so I figured I should jump on it. The flight down is timed really nice, but the one back is non-stop and starts at 7 am - blech - I'm not a morning person. But at least it's on the way home, and I can be all comfy-at-home at the end of it. Better than a flight that sucks when you're going someplace strange.

I also found the program for the conference, which has some very cool sessions...can you find mine?

Some of my favorite titles so far:

Dead Rebs, Magical Realism, and the Blue Plate Special: Burke’s Electric Mist
Mickey and Minnie Aren’t Married?!: Disney Scholarship and the Culture Wars
Strange Bedfellows: Mikhail Bakhtin and Alanis Morissette, Strange Bedfellows
Essential Contradiction: Perceptions of the Spiritual and the Absolute in John Coltrane's Love Supreme and Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast

No comments: