Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Good Dog Walker

Finding myself living in a city in which dog walkers outnumber runners, I'd like to offer the following tips to those ubiquitous canine ambulators:

1. Pooper-scooper - I don't think I need to explain...
2. When walking a puppy or other high strung dog, put your body between it and the rapidly approching runner, who looks like a game of tag on a fast approach to a high spirited hound...
3. Pooper-scooper
4. A well behaved dog on a long leash is fine... until that leash extends more than 20 feet and I'm trying to negotiate a way over it.
5. Pooper-scooper

For my part, I promise to move to the edge of the pathway when passing, call out which side I'm on, and will otherwise do everything in my power not to excite, antagonize or otherwise bother your dog (or you). I'd call that fair...

No comments: