Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Good friends

There's been a song running through my head for much of the day, which goes like this:

Make new friends, but keep the old
One is silver and the other gold

Yes it's short. I learnt it at camp when I was younger and we used to sing it as a round (you know, where half the people start singing the first line and the other half start the first line after the first group reaches the second one). It's nice as a round, though when it's stuck in your head, it gets a touch annoying because it's so short.

But it got me thinking about friends and being very happy for the ones I have. In the last three days, I've been offered a ride (twice), been taken out for lunch, gotten a long email detailing my friend's life, gotten invited to dinner, and had one really, funny forward sent to me.

Maybe not monumentous occasions or events, but really nice gestures from friends, of both the new and old type.

A bit of silver and a bit of gold.

To my friends, thanks for being you.

No comments: