Saturday, June 10, 2006

Personal Notes

  • Oldest daughter received first acceptance letter in the mail yesterday - there was much rejoicing! It isn't her first choice, but she's in and grandparents are less than an hour away for visits/support etc.

    We discovered a glitch in communication between countries when one of the other schools sent a rejection letter last week, saying she didn't have the basic requirements. Problem was just that the requirement went by a different name here, so we sent off explanatory letters to them and everyone else hoping that solves the problem.

  • Hubby is writing Canadian licensing exam this weekend. I would've loved to go with him, but he flew out about four hours before youngest daughter came home from D.C. and one of us had to be here to pick her up and drive her home.

  • Youngest daughter had a great time in D.C. - unlike here, the weather was hot and sunny the whole time. It was probably the first time she's been away without another family member around, so it was a good growing experience.

  • Oldest daughter had made arrangements for room and board with a friend over the summer, so was beginning her job search based on these arrangements. Now, suddenly, the family may need to move and if they are in a smaller place, they will not have room for her and we'll have to make alternate arrangements. It's not so much that we have to change plans, but that we have to change them at the last minute.

  • I am far too sentimental. I sorted some old receipts this weekend, and some of the receipts reminded me of places or people who I'd been with when I'd made the purchase. I found myself feeling a bit nostalgic about the times/places those receipts represented. Usually you'd expect photographs to trigger fond memories, not receipts - goes to show how anal I am about keeping them I guess [in all fairness though, I've been audited by Student Finance twice during my student years and by Revenue Canada three times in my life - twice during the time we've lived out of country and those receipts have saved me a world of grief when that happens]

No comments: