Tuesday, December 09, 2008

A bloggy year

The rules for this blog meme are quite simple: Post the link and first sentence from the first blog entry for each month of the past year. So here goes:
I wish everyone a happy new year!

NEW RULES FOR ENTERING ALBERTA

Thank God for the Church ladies who type them.

I've seen a much shorter clip of Big Dog before, but this one shows some really interesting scenarios that the robot works through - hills, ice, being knocked off balance.

Jazzfest was an intense yet relaxing weekend of good food, good music and good company.

Since my good friend was on a list-making binge lately, and I have nothing really intelligent to say, sharing lists ought to easy...

Happy Canada Day!

Remember when you were a kid, or even a teenager, and a year seemed like forever?

Most of our clients are much more reasonable than this, but there are times when I totally get the designer's frustrations!

In the past few weeks several parts of my life have come to the fore, each vying for importance and attention.

I did manage to re-start writing on the dissertation over the weekend.

I've realized the blog has been rather dull lately and when I do actually post, just a bit on the whiny side.

Well. That was an interesting and very strange exercise. A mix of boring, perplexing, ordinary, and life-related posts by the looks of these openers. I suppose this exercise is probably more interesting for the blogger than for the audience. For instance, it made me realize how much I rely on titles to do the work of jump-starting the blog post, and also that I pay a lot of attention to holidays... I'd never realized that before. Not that the realization will necessary change the way I blog. I guess I'm just now a little more blog-aware!

No comments: