Monday, June 08, 2009

Ships passing in the night... or something like that

I just completed my writing task for the day as the last person in the family headed out to start her day.

I've tried over the last month to write for at least an hour every day first thing in the morning. Sometimes it ends up being two or three hours like it was today. When I get up, I turn on the computer, make coffee, haul a cup up to the machine and start typing. So far it has worked remarkably well (except for the occasional travel or meeting hiccup to get in the way). I find I write well in the morning (provided it's not too early!) and having accomplished my writing task for the day first thing means it's not hanging over my head all day.

But it's an odd feeling, knowing that I've accomplished what I wanted to today before at least one other family member's day had even begun.

1 comment:

RTB said...

that sounds heavenly.