Thursday, January 29, 2004

Good news: My budget increase was approved, so I will get all the loan I need for this year.
Bad news: They still haven't released the funds even though we're creeping up on a month since they were supposed to be disbursed.

I HAVE SO MUCH READING THIS TERM! I can't believe how much I have yet to read, and how quickly I'm falling behind. It's not even that I've been busy with other things 'cause I'm only teaching one section this term, I haven't gone out since New Years (unless you count stopping in at IHOP during a grocery shopping trip), and I've put a hold on all my other writing. And I still can't keep up! Over the last year I've gotten better and better at reading quickly, reading later at night without falling asleep, staying focused and getting more out of what I'm reading, but it still isn't helping. Right now it's all Critical social theory (a.k.a. Marxism), which is one of my least favorite theoretical approaches - I'd rather be reading Jung even! So my strategy is just to keep reading as much as I can whenever I can and hope it'll work out in the end... either that, or I take an incomplete in one class - which I did last spring and I regretted it for months after. Humfph.

No comments: