Saturday, March 13, 2004

Yeah! Dwayne brought home a working computer... with new hard drive yesterday - he's my hero!

My God! Do I have a lot of work to catch up on now... my fingers are going to fall off from typing... but that at least will be a break from the writer's bump that was redeveloping on my right hand - you ever had one of those? I did when I was younger, you know, B.C. (before computers) - writing a lot gave me a odd bump on my right middle finger from gripping the pen. It disappeared many years ago when I left school and even when I went back, I was typing so much that if never really reappeared. Well, it's back... after almost a month of having to handwrite everything I usually type, my middle finger is now deformed.

Heh - I guess it will just make my greetings to fellow commuters that much more bent! Teehee - hey - don't knock it if you've never driven in a Boston rush hour!

So, a gazillion things need to be transferred from paper to electronica... that is, if I want them to be useful later on. The good news is that I met with the prof who is overseeing that massive reading project/directed study that I'm doing this term and he'll be happy with a summary of everything I've read as fulfilling the course requirement - SWEET! The great thing is, I've been doing book summaries all the way along (well except for the last two 'cause I was waiting for the computer to come back), so I'm halfway done the final requirement. It's almost too good to be true! [The thing is, I know I'm gonna end up writing up something that's at least conference paper length 'cause I want to present it... or... god forbid... even publish it, but the nice thing is that I won't have a deadline for that project hanging over my head!]

I also got a few things straightened out about next year's comprehensive exam proposals (3), but I still have to meet with at least four more people (hopefully no more than that) before I can even think about beginning to read up on the areas before writing the proposals.

Overall, life is incredibly busy, but good.

No comments: