Monday, June 14, 2004

The Pros and Cons of Work

So the job I worked on Saturday was okay (well, as okay as receptionist work can ever be - it's just really not my thing). I'm scheduled to go back next week.

While there, one of the staff mentioned they are looking for someone for the month of August.

Hmmm... now do I want to take a job like this if they offer it?

Pros: Money, what else!
It's near home
It's steady work

Cons: It's boring work
It pays less than most other temp jobs (but better than minimum wage)
I won't have much time for study

I hope they don't request for me too soon - I'd like to hold out for the miracle-job that I know I won't get for a little longer. (Yes, I do occasionally play psychological games with myself - far less crueler than messing with other people's minds though, wouldn't you say?)

Work sucks!

No comments: