Monday, August 16, 2004

Well worth it!

Rush was definitely well worth the full day of driving to get to it and back.

While there were plenty of songs I wish they would have played but didn't, I'm not complaining since if they were to play every Rush song that I like or think is essential to their oeuvre, they would've been on stage for six hours. And there wasn't anything they played that I thought was a waste of their time.

Their stage show was very cool too - low key, not huge props etc., but a great pyrotechinics and laser light show combined with clever video. A good rocker stage show.

Their latest album is a cover album, and except for one song that I'm just not sure of yet, I like Rush's version of the song better than the original in every case.

But maybe that's 'cause I'm a Rush fan.

Driving through upstate New York was nice too - lots less traffic on the Interstate, and fewer trees - you could actually see something other than trees as you travelled. I think that's the thing that bugs me most about travelling in MA - you only ever seem to see trees - exit - trees - exit - trees - exit - trees... well, you get the idea.

Maybe its just 'cause upstate NY looks a lot more like home.

Being with Dwayne all day was cool too - when we're at home, there's always something that needs to get done, kids that need (or think they need) attention, stuff to get done, but in a car for fourteen hours, all that goes away. It was a very nice escape.

And I discovered that I'm not too old to stay up all night - we drove back right away and got in at 6:30 this morning. I was hoping to catch the sunrise, but it's cloudy and overcast. Good day to catch up on reading before working twice as long at work tomorrow to make up for taking today off.

No comments: