Friday, June 24, 2005

There's good news, good news, and bad news

Well, I think I licked those nasty bugs 'cause I've been feeling better over the last couple of days. To celebrate, I went to the gym yesterday for the first time in ages and now I hurt again (but in a good way).

I also got some excellent plotting ideas from the writing group last night - I was really kinda stuck in the concept stage, and now, I've got an idea where the story is going to go. It also clearly sets the story in the sf genre more than the social fiction/alternative chick lit/whatever that it was stuck in before. I suppose I shouldn't be that concerned about genre, but hey, let's face it, genre drives fiction sales these days - knowing your niche might be a good thing.

Bad news is, I'm up to my eyeballs in getting kids ready to fly away for summer, BBQ next week, and sending off reading list drafts (hopefully by the end of the month) - I don't have a lot of time to spare for plotting out the suggested changes, but I'm psyched to get it done, so I'm gonna steal the time from somewhere else.

Maybe I'll even have the guts to post some of it for you... maybe.

No comments: