Thursday, September 22, 2005

Uninspired

I should be working. I had planned to be working this morning.

But I'm really feeling unfocused and uninspired this morning. Maybe part of it has to do with the brilliance of the papers presented at the colloquium last night. I walked away from it feeling stupid in retrospect.

But part of it also is that I don't want to teach this afternoon. It will be a short class because they'll all be exhausted from finishing their drafts and the biology exam that the majority of the class also has today. I also keep looking at the clock when I do try to read because I worry that I'm going to lose track of time and be late to leave. I could leave early, but since I want to drive (what luxury!) I also can't leave too early because then I won't have enough money to plug the meter.

So I sit here frazzled, uninspired, unintelligent, feeling annoyed at my three day a week schedule, not looking forward to getting drafts, and wondering if I should try going to the gym even though my workout yesterday exhausted me.

Grrrrr.

No comments: