Friday, September 23, 2005

Got tagged

You can find previous answers to one of these getting to know you things here, a version about books here, and a version about things I've done that you might not have here.

Welcome to the spring 2005 edition of getting to know your friends.
What you are supposed to do is copy (not forward) this entire e-mail
and paste it on to a new e-mail that you'll send.
Change all the answers so they apply to you, and then send this to a
whole bunch of people including the person who sent it to you. The
theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your
friends, if you did not know them already.

1. What time did you get up this morning? 9:30 (I'm sick dammit!).
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds - I don't think I'm classy enough to pull off wearing pearls.
3. What was the last film you saw at the movies? The Exorcism of Emily Rose. I like it, but it's not The Exorcist. I think that's why I liked it.
4. What is your favorite TV show? This is a hard one. Probably toss up between That 70s Show, Family Guy, and The Daily Show.
5. What did you have for breakfast? Coffee.
6. What is your middle name? Darlene. I'm named after a dead Aunt.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Pretty much anything I don't have to cook myself. In that category, probably pub grub... yep, like I said, I'm *real* classy.
8. What foods do you dislike? Don't like nuts.
9. What is your favorite chip flavor? Really depends on the mood... almost anything but Dill Pickle.
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? I'm rediscovering my love of GBS.
11. What type of car do you drive? Domestic POS.
12. Favorite sandwich? Tim Horton's chicken salad. Runzas are good too.
13. What characteristics do you despise? Procrastination (without good reason)
14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you
go? Australia.
15. What color is your bathroom? Rental off-white - ugh!
16. Favorite brand of clothing? Is 'I got it on sale' a brand?
17. Where would you retire to? Cripes! I haven't even started a career yet and you're asking me where I'd retire to? I don't know if I'll ever really retire. I'm hoping to build a career where I make so many opportunities to travel and enjoy myself throughout that I'll never feel the need to really stop.
19. Favorite time of the day? Just before dawn on a warm fall day. Maybe it's my favorite 'cause I hardly ever see it!
20. What was your most memorable birthday? My 33rd. Some very good friends took me out to celebrate when I really needed it. I was feeling old, my marriage was falling apart, and they took me out, made me feel like myself again (though I don't quite look like it in the photos).
21. Where were you born? Regina, Saskatchewan.
22. Favorite sport to watch? Hockey! They're back!
23. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? Not applicable.
24. Person you expect to send it back first? I would say Beckler, but she tagged me.
25. What fabric detergent do you use? Varies - what's on sale this week?
26. Coke or Pepsi? Coke.
27. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Night owl.
28. What is your shoe size? With wide feet, it ranges from 7 1/2 for running shoes to 9 for dress sandals.
29. Do you have any pets? Nope. Last thing I need to worry about right now.
30. Any exciting news you'd like to share with your family? ??? Why would they not already know any exciting news I have? But I just saved a bunch on my car insurance...
31. What did you want to be when you were little? Depends on how little... first teacher, then pianist, then interpreter for the U.N., then photographer for National Geographic.
32. Siblings/Ages? Two sisters: 36 & 34.
33. What did you do last weekend? Belated back to school shopping, grocery shopping, watched aforementioned movie, studied... yeah, I know, pretty boring.
34. First Street address you ever had? Don't know - we moved when I was 1.
35. Family? Have my original family - mom, dad & 2 younger sisters. Have the family I made - hubby, three daughters. What more did you want from this question?
37. Favorite magazine? Dunno.
38. Favorite store to shop? second hand bookstores!
39. What's your house like? Three story condo - red brick, kinda cute. Mostly retired neighbors, so I think when our family moved in, they got a bit of a shock. Hate the yard guys though - they're really loud and annoying.
40. Favorite season? Summer.
41. Favorite Holiday? Anything with a BBQ involved.
42. Favorite Activity? Running, drinking, reading...
43. If you could build a second house anywhere, where would it be? Probably in the mountains (the Rockies that is)
44. Favorite kitchen appliance? Capuccino maker.
45. If you could play any instrument, what would it be? Since I play piano, I'm not sure of the question. I'd like to play better...
46. Sports car, mini van, or SUV? Sports car.
47. Do you believe in the after life? Yes, but not for everyone.
48. Favorite children's book? Charlotte's Web, almost any of Shel Silverstein's stuff, Where the Wild Things Are, Dr. Seuss.
49. Favorite ice cream? Chocolate mint
50. Favorite color? Red.

Okay, that took a long time. Now I need to go work.

No comments: