Saturday, July 17, 2004

To amuse and delight...

Found one of those interminable questions about getting to know you that seemed rather amusing (well, okay, the first line is what caught my eye, but I'll give you the whole thing):
 
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4 Write down what it says: "paint-and-plaster medieval jumble" it's a book of poetry that I'm trying to write a paper on.
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first? my Running Room CD holder (courtesy my good friend Allie, who I think about everytime I put it on) and running hat
3. What was the last thing you watched on TV? South Park's "Extreme weekend"
4. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear? Fan.  The bedroom tends to be hot, even with the a/c on.
5. When did you last step outside? To cook chicken and baked potatos for dinner.
6. Before you came to this website, what did you look at? Email - invite to a birthday party... poor sucker, he's only turning 30 and stressing over it... wait till he's facing 40!
7. What are you wearing? Khaki short with spagetti strap stretch T - as I said, it's hot today.
8. Did you dream last night? Don't remember the details, but I woke up feeling disappointed.
9. When did you last laugh? At Angela and her friend's antics playing at the pool this afternoon.
10. What is on the walls of the room you are in? Beige - it's a rental.
11. Seen anything weird lately? Can't say I have.  Oh, well, if you include coincidence.  Yesterday on the way to work, I followed a silver Porsche SUV from Minnesota through the square going out of town... and followed the same vehicle on my way back from work!  Can't be too many silver Porsche "Cayenne" SUVs from Minnesota out here in Massachusetts, can there?

12. What do you think of this quiz? Better than some, worse than some
13. What is the last movie you saw? Theatre: Spiderman; Video: The Thirteenth Floor (if you liked Dark City or Lawnmower Man, you might get a kick out of this one too)
14. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first? Car that works.
15. Tell me something about you, that I don't know? Since most everyone who reads this is a good friend, and I like to talk, this could be hard... I wrote a short story this week... how's that?
16. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics what would you do? Eliminate the idea of 'nation' - it's at the root of way too many problems.
17. Do you like to dance? Yes, but I'm not too good at it.
18. George Bush is he a power-crazy nut case or someone who is finally doing something that needs to be done for years? Just nut-case....
19. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her? Since she was, her name is Sandra.
20. If he's a boy? Since I've had a tubal... fat chance.  But when I was having kids, I wanted to name a boy Anthony.
21. Would you consider living abroad? Since I have, and I am right now, Yep!


No comments: