Saturday, July 24, 2004

Coincidence

At a birthday party last night, a friend told me about an interesting coincidence.

She's volunteering for the DNC here next week and during training they had one of those icebreaker/learn to talk to strangers kind of exercizes where she was paired with an Irish man who had been at Northeastern.  So, having taught English classes there herself, she asked if he'd taken any and he'd said he took the Middler class last year.  And because the exercize required them to keep talking, she asked who his teacher was... you guessed it, yours truly!

Weird coincidence!  I really enjoyed that class, most of my students were international students (and most of them were Irish).  I learnt a lot from them, and at least from the report of this student, they learnt some from me too.  But it was an interesting coincidence.  Out of all the volunteers for this convention (and there's lots!), these two sat beside each other and each knew me. 

Kinda cool. 

No comments: