Monday, July 26, 2004

Chins up and all that jolly good stuff...

I'm trying hard to stay positive about the way my summer has turned out.  But mostly it's not so good - at least, I sure figured some of it would be better.  One of the things I hadn't figured on was the kind of job I've got.

When it gets bad, I console myself with the thought that there are thousands of other people like me who are working well below their capacity in America. 

(But it doesn't really help)

Don't get me wrong - the people I work with are really nice - they're all very dedicated and eager to help and show me stuff.  And it beats digging ditches, or working retail, or waitressing.  But the job is, well, it's not really the kind of thing I imagined I'd be doing, even if only for a few weeks.  Today, I spent most of the day putting stickers in books.  That should give you some idea of what the job is like.  I'm not exactly taxing my brain.

Then again, that means I have plenty of brain power left in the evening for studying. 

But since I'm depressed at my relative lack of job-getting, I hardly feel motivated to do anything more intelligent like what I'm actually here to do.

 

No comments: