Wednesday, February 21, 2007

CYA

So I had this long rant about my job that I - thank god - saved as a draft after writing because, well, that's what drafts are for - to let you cool down before posting or sending something disastrous. Now the post itself wasn't particularly disaster-causing and not even very caustic. It was even rather nicely constructed, and dare I say a tad witty... of course I can say that, you've never seen it so you have to take my word for it!... But I decided it prudent not to publish it.

Suffice it to say I've been busy... and not always in a good way.

Today I did something new. Do I dare admit it?

Sure, why not?

Today, I created a series of powerpoint slides. There. Now I've admitted I've never used powerpoint before. Yes, I know. Everyone has used powerpoint. Even little children know how to use powerpoint. Your dog probably scratches out his requests for walks and doggie treats using a powerpoint presentation complete with sound and graphics.

But I've never used it. That is, till today.

It's a pretty nifty program, though it is constraining in its formatting, regardless of how many choices you're offered. That's part of the reason I've never used it before. I've sat through too many powerpoint presentations that bored me out of my mind. I never wanted to inflict such boredom on others.

In an effort at full disclosure, I wasn't actually creating a presentation today. What I was doing was creating individual slides that I could then save as JPEGs so that they can be mated with the video and audio files we'll be producing for our latest project. So I didn't mess with slide transitions, or animations, or sound, or anything like that. But for a first time, it was kinda fun. Maybe I'll have to rethink my aversion to the program...

No comments: