Friday, February 09, 2007

Hiatus

I seem to be in an impromptu hiatus on this blog. It hasn't been intentional. Mostly it's a result of adjusting to the difference between working in the corporate world and the academic one. In the academy, I know exactly when my busy times will be, when I have to complete tasks, and what my weekly schedule will be like (give or take a meeting or two) at the beginning of every semester.

In the corporate world, even though I'm a contractor, I need to maintain a good relationship with my contractee, who is essentially my boss. I'm finding that he operates on a much more immediate basis than I do, often telling me only days ahead of time about a project deadline (like he did this week). That makes it difficult for me to calculate my workload more than a few days ahead of time, which is something I'm not used to. So it's a bit of an adjustment.

Since boss man is out of the country for the next three weeks, I will hopefully have a bit more control over my life and get back on track with my academic work as well as blog posting... but I suppose only time will tell.

So my apologies if you've been logging on and seeing the same thing over and over. It should improve over the next few weeks.

No comments: