Monday, February 12, 2007

Famous Puppet Death Scenes - Scene: The Feverish Heart

We spent our weekend pleasantly, celebrating the mid point between birthday and Valentine's day. This production was one of the activities for the weekend.

Yes, I realize this is the third time in the last half year that I've blogged about a puppet production. It's really just coincidence, since I'm not deliberately seeking out puppet productions. This one - Famous Puppet Death Scenes - is a hard one to describe however, so I leave you to just enjoy the clip. We were delighted with the show, but it is so unique that there's no frame of reference to use when describing it. I first heard about it through an article in the newspaper describing how it was a big hit when it played in NYC, and since it's a homegrown group, that seemed all the more impressive.

I really do wonder why it seems puppets are so attractive right now - perhaps it has something to do with their materiality, or with the presence of the puppeteer within the production. I don't have plans to see any more puppet shows though, so you should be spared further puppet talk at least.

No comments: