Thursday, April 05, 2007

Dilemma

I like visiting other places, and I like seeing people I like, but I hate the process of travelling. What's a girl to do?

Mostly I dislike air travel. I like it for the same reason as everyone else - the speed - but I dislike the lines, I dislike the strict requirements to have all my necessary paperwork all lined up, and I don't like the time in the aircraft. Too much close comfort with strangers. Even when travelling with family, there's just still too many strangers intruding into my space with their noise, their kicking the seat (how can you tell there were kids on the last flight) and yes, even their smells.

But I like attending conferences. And I like the fact that I'll get to see friends. But the process of getting here always makes me nervous, annoyed, and usually leaves me feeling ill.

It doesn't help that Boston is uncharacteristically cold for April and will remain so the entire time we're here.

So it's a dilemma for me. I hate travelling, but generally like being other places. Unfortunately, to get to other places, you gotta travel...

No comments: