Saturday, April 21, 2007

Hot Fuzz

My daughter tells me this sounds like the name of a Killers album, so she got confused when I first told her we'd gone to see it.

Since I loved Shaun of the Dead (I still need to figure out a way to write a paper on it... maybe next year's PCA...), I figured this movie might also amuse.

It certainly isn't the same movie, but there's enough shared talent between the two that if you like Shaun of the Dead, you're bound to like Hot Fuzz. But if you found the dark humour of Shaun of the Dead too much, or even bordering on too much, then you might not like Hot Fuzz.

The movie is darkly humorous. There were several times that I found myself laughing while thinking "I really shouldn't be laughing at this" but the humour was enough to overcome the internal censor and we laughed through the movie. But like I said, you gotta have a dark sense of humour. Take the movie too seriously, and it crosses over from funny to horrifying.

No comments: