Friday, July 20, 2007

Redux

Part of those zillion and one things to do lately has been house hunting related stuff. Yep, we're hoping to buy a house. I say hoping because I'm starting to lose hope.

Being out of town made the whole want-to-make-an-offer thing really difficult, but we managed to put together an offer and submitted it earlier this week. We gave them 24 hours to consider it. In the 21st hour, our agent called to say that the sellers had pulled the house from the market. Apparently the job transfer had fallen through so they won't be moving.

I know the advice is not to get your heart set on a house before you've closed, but I admit, I was starting to really get to like this house.

Now it's gone, as are our #2 and #3 picks.

So we're back to square one. And right now, the pickings look pretty slim. It's disappointing for sure.

No comments: