Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Who knows how long this will last?

Just popping in to post what's been going on. Don't know how long my internet connection will last though...

On Friday we had a wicked thunderstorm that knocked out our internet. The company had to repair it; by Saturday, all our neighbors had access but we still didn't so we booked a repair appointment. The appointment isn't till Friday, but the internet has been sporadically working since last night.

Sporadic service is less annoying than no service. But since this will be the 4th - 4th! - time since September (yes, that's only 10 months) that we've had someone have to come fix it, I'm getting pretty annoyed overall.

So posting will likely also be sporadic...

This weekend felt like an actual weekend, you know where people do things other than read books and sit in front of a computer all weekend! We went house shopping on Saturday - an eyeopener and very interesting first-time experience for me!

On Sunday we had a really nice Canada Day barbecue - smaller turnout than last year, but entirely different crowd, so not surprising. And it was still a really nice day (well, except for the perpetual wind here in Little City on the Prairie - can't wait till we move into Big City on the Prairie!)

Monday we went hiking up Castle Mountain. A pretty big elevation gain for the distance, so we all pushed ourselves and are a little sore now. But gorgeous views at the top. I'll try to post photos if the internet stays on.

You know, two weeks ago when we lost the internet, I was complaining to a friend who pointed out that it's actually nice to do without the connection sometimes. I agree that it's nice to be disconnected. But I do resent that I don't have a choice over when I'm connected and when I'm not. That's what's so annoying about this whole thing. So keep your fingers crossed for me that stays working, okay?

No comments: