Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Finally starting to swim...

... or at the very least, finally keeping my head above water...

...seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...

...emerging from a under the weight of a mammoth to do list.

(pick the phrase you like the best)

I don't know that I'm back on track - I suspect my sense that things are improving is simple self-delusion and wishful thinking. But I do know that I feel much better today about where I stand in relation to all my obligations and commitments. So I'll take the good feelings when I can!

Moving of course is one of those things that eats up incredibly huge amounts of time. It's not just the packing up of all your stuff, the loading it in a truck, the driving it (probably the shortest moving-related activity this time) or the unloading it. It's all the other stuff that goes with moving. The cleaning up of the old place. The fixing of old and/or new place. The changing registrations of cars, schools, utlities, taxes, blah, blah, blah...

But the moving is mostly over. There are a lot of places that don't have a change of address yet - I'm relying on the forwarding to keep me in touch. So that still needs to be done. And there are several boxes that still need unpacking. But life has mostly settled down.

Before the move, I had my classes prepped for two weeks in advance (minus marking of course). Those two weeks got eaten up awfully fast and I was left scrambling the night before a couple of times. I'm working on rebuilding that lead and can say I'm actually getting there. So that's becoming one less thing hanging over my head.

There were a few birthdays following right on the tail of the moving. And I had to finish editing a paper for a deadline. A couple more things - pleasant - but nonetheless requiring time, that kept me busy for what felt like every hour of the day. There's still another paper to edit. Oh, yeah, and that dissertation thing-y to write. But I'm feeling a bit more caught up now, which is nice.

Long and short of it is that there should be more posting - at least a bit more - from now until it all falls apart again...

No comments: