Saturday, September 08, 2007

Singin' in the rain


Sometimes we don't pay attention to the good things in life. It's the annoyances and irritations that get all the headlines.

But over the last two days, we've had showers on an off. On Thursday, I wasn't expecting them and was wearing a sundress with a cute but not really functional sweater, so when it started to rain as I drove away from work, I anticipated cold dashes through rain to the errands I had to complete. When the sleet started, I really got depressed.

But by the time I arrived at my errands, the rain let up. And only restarted when I got home.

Same thing Friday. Rain while driving home. None once I got out of the car to go into the grocery store.

Sometimes I just forget that luck does occasionally go my way. Sure, rain is a small thing, but sometimes, it might be all you have. I'm thankful for how the rain coincided with my schedule the last couple of days.

No comments: