Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Posts begun and not completed

By the looks of this blog, there's been no activity. But that's not true. I've begun many posts. They just don't get completed. Sometimes they haven't even gone beyond the boundaries of my brain! They've been started; just not completed.

It's not that I don't have anything to say - I certainly do! It's just that I've got so many other demands on my time right now I can't seem to get any posts finished. Perhaps all those drafts will get completed at the beginning of the year....

I will say I was disappointed by the end of I Am Legend. They made it a Hollywood ending, and their explanation of the "legend" was lame, tacked on as if it was an after-thought. I went back and flipped through the ending in the book because I thought perhaps I was being unrealistic in thinking they could've filmed that ending. But no. I can clearly see how they could've translated the book's ending - far superior - to the screen. Someone just chose not to. Disappointing.

Last week I hated my students. This week I love them. It might have something to do with having a lot of marking to do last week. Too much marking. But if you've ever taught, you know what I'm talking about... and even if you haven't, you know what parts of your job you hate. Yep, that's where I was last week.

Holiday preparations are mostly complete. There's the grocery store still, and some gift wrapping yet to do as well as one more party, but I should not have to enter another retail outlet till after the holiday season, so I'm breathing a sigh of relief (partly because I won't have to listen to that horrible Christmas music anymore).

January and February are going to be very busy months for me, so I'm scrambling right now to finished academic and teaching activities as well as the online proposals that need to be gotten out of the way before the crunch hits during those months, but I'm hoping to finish those up this week as well and actually relax. (Yes, I know it won't actually happen, but the fantasy is keeping me going right now...)

The great thing about December is that you can always hope that the new year will be different than this one!

No comments: