Wednesday, December 05, 2007

'Tis the season...

... for funding applications. Apparently many funders out there leave their application season till the end of the year. Part of my online learning job is to file funding applications, proposals, precis, whatever you want to call them, for the projects we undertake.

I'm good at it. I've usually got a pretty good idea of what a funder is looking for and can translate their "criteria" into something that works with the project we're trying to do. So far the vast majority of my proposals have been accepted, which is good because that means I have work. It also helps that our marketing guy finds some really good funding sources for us to make proposals to.

But proposal writing is a tedious, long process, often requiring a great deal of research in order to mesh the purpose of our e-learning program with the criteria the funder uses to decide who they want to fund.

So on top of the holiday season, which is already making my life busy*, I've now got funding season to contend with - I'm feeling tired already....

*strange thing is, I have never really felt a holiday crunch before - it's always seemed manageable. I'm not taking on any more than I would any other year, perhaps even a bit less, and yet it seems to be more of a hassle this year and I can't figure out why. It's strange. It's also making me feel even more Grinch-like than I usually am!

No comments: