Sunday, March 22, 2009

Two milestones

The snow made it easy to stay home and do the work I'd planned for today. I didn't even miss my workout since the snow shovelling took a good hour and a half!

Although I slightly misjudged the numbers, so that my dissertation meter reads 98% instead of 100%, I have finished the draft of the final chapter! Yay for me!

There's much editing to do of course, and one of the things that you come to realize after several years of working on a single project is the stuff you wrote two years ago no longer matches to the stuff you've just been writing. But the good news is that the whole structure has been laid out. Now I just have to make it look pretty!

Oh, and apparently this is my 1000th post. So cool on that milestone too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go on your milestones. That is pretty cool. Wat to go! Is the light at the end of the tunnel getting any brighter?
Kim

Anonymous said...

Okay so I can't spell so WAY TO GO!
Kim

RTB said...

Yay!!!!
BTW, I'm going to have my prospectus approved very soon. I'll tell you more later. But I'm so glad we're advancing at some kind of similar pace, two years or so spread.
rltb

michele said...

Kim - there is a faint glimmer! ;-)

Rebeckler - after seeing a certain someone's defense date announced this week, I'd better be getting there! I'm willing to bet you'll finish faster than I am - you're so focused! I am in awe...!