Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Struggling with the frustration of trying to clear up memory in my computer. It's one of the few things that I know to do when the damn thing stops working like it's supposed to and earlier this morning it stopped in the middle of a print job. Not just stopped printing, but the screen went utterly black and nothing worked at all - had to hard boot it to get it back, and now I'm nervous that something is seriously wrong, even though scans say everything is hunky-dory. [I wonder if that's how it's spelt? I think when it comes to not real words anything goes, so I won't sweat it]

I have the same attitude toward my car and my computer - both are highly useful tools. When they're working fine, I love them; when they're not, I experience both hatred and fear....hatred at their betrayal of my expectations, and fear caused both by the sense of the unknown and my limited knowledge of how they work (I know a few tricks, but they're tricks at best), and the fear that to get them working again is going to cost me mucho dineros.

No comments: