Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Boredom

I'm getting tired of reading today - but with the rain and no car, there's not much else that I feel justified in doing, so I'm still slogging at it. And I hate going out in the rain. But I wish I had something really kick-ass interesting booked for this week to look forward to. I do next week, but not this one. So I've been rather distracted and find myself thinking about other things when I should be reading.

I was thinking about how much I miss the movie afternoons we were doing last term - we went through a Christopher Guest phase with Waiting for Guffman, Spinal Tap, and even The Princess Bride - and then I opened my email (it's been piling up over the last few days) and found this wonderful tidbit from a friend:

From Salon.com:
Ron Wood on the Rolling Stones' most "Spinal Tap" moment: "We were doing drugs in the dressing room [at a concert in the early '80s]. Suddenly the tour manager stuck his head around the door and said, 'The police are here!' We all panicked and threw our drugs in the toilet. Then Sting, Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland walked in." (Guitar World magazine via Rush & Molloy)

Just a series of associations relevant for a thirty-something (I can still say that!) from movie watching last month back through one of my favorite bands in the 80s... and please note: I said, ONE, not THE ONE!

No comments: