Saturday, May 14, 2005

Running around

It's been a busy couple of days and the weekend is going to be fairly busy as well. I knew this would happen once D finished all his exams, 'cause there's been a bunch of family- house-related stuff we've needed to do, so that's part of it. But it also is just a bunch of things kinda coming together at the same time.

Which always makes me a little edgy, even if I'm enjoying myself, because I worry that I'm going to fall even farther behind than the position I already seem to be slipping into.

I'm also worried about when I'll actually get around to writing these exams, because I didn't get anything remotely like what I wanted for teaching assignment this fall. In fact, if you had given me the exact opposite of what I wanted, you'd be accurately describing my schedule. I asked for: two days a week, one course, no 8 am. I got: three days a week, two courses, and 8 am. I mean, really, if you're not going to pay any attention to my preferences, why ask for them?

The three day a week - two courses schedule is also for a new course that I've never taught before. AND, of the three new courses being introduced this year, I indicated I would be interested in teaching two of them. Guess which one I got assigned to though?

So maybe I'll have to be squeakly wheel, because teaching two sections of a brand new course three days a week will not be conducive to writing my exams as I plan to in the fall. That is, if I actually get to the point where I could realistically write these exams by then.

No comments: