Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Along with payphones and water fountains...

...let's add photo albums to the list of disappearing things. I've been organizing photos that have been sitting in boxes over the last few days and having a bitch of a time finding the kind of photo album I want.

Sure, with digital photos you no longer need negatives - I can understand having difficulty finding negative pages (though I've had no problem finding pages for slides... which I didn't think *anyone* used anymore). But people still make prints of their digital photos, don't they?

Scrapbooking seems to be all the rage, but I don't want all kinds of other crap. I just want a photo album that will hold photos and allow me to add extra pages when I want to. Is that too much to ask? All the stores I've checked that I would expect to have them don't carry albums like this anymore, and even a web search came up empty.

It occured to me that I haven't bought a photo album since coming to this country. Maybe I'll have to wait till March when I go back across the border to find the more of the same kind of photo album I've been using. Different photo albums in different nations? Strikes me that's an awfully weird thing to be different in different countries, but who knows?

No comments: