Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Miscellany

So I've been neck deep in reading for a conference paper I'm putting together. The conference isn't till April, but I want to get a draft of the paper done by next week, and overall, the reading/writing of it is going pretty well. But there's only so many hours I can look at it, so I take breaks.

I cleaned the oven during one.

I did some laundry and cleaned up some receipts that had been piling up during another break. I found interesting things during both activities. In among the receipts I found some unused stamps and $10 (stupid monochromatic money - I would've seen a purple $10). In the laundry, when I pulled pants out of the dryer, I found an x-ray. Betcha you can't say you've found an x-ray in your dryer before! They're really durable - the image was still as clear as when it was first taken.

But this break I'm trying to write a letter that has to get written and finding it really, really hard. I've never written a letter like this before, so I'm trying out different tones and levels of formality, but mostly I'm not sure what to include or whether it's getting too long or is actually too short and needs to be more detailed. Grrrrrr. Guess I'll have to sleep on this one... maybe for a week!

No comments: