Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Desperation has an ugly smell

So I could tell the university had posted marks for the term by the small flurry of emails I received this morning from students who thought they'd been gypped in the marks they got. Several of them conveniently "forgot" the attendance policy even though it is clearly outlined on the syllabus, I go over it on the first day and remind them of it on a regular basis throughout the term.

I don't know what it is, but this term was worse than usual...all through the term actually. Lots of whiny, grade-grubbing students who spent a lot of time and energy trying to convince me they should get higher grades than they did. I wish they'd spent that much time and energy on just doing the work - then it wouldn't have been a problem! Sheesh!

No comments: