Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Job hunt

Why do we call it job hunting anyway? Usually the jobs I find aren't hidden anywhere, as the hunt in treasure hunt might imply (nor are they usually treasures for that matter) and I don't exactly run them down and spear them through my prowess with a weapon of some sort, since once you send off that resume, you're no longer in charge of the process. So why do we call it a hunt?

Regardless of the answer, my "hunt" is looking more positive. I got a call for an interview tomorrow - the shocking part was that the call came only one hour after I sent off the resume! In all fairness, I only submitted it an hour and a half before the deadline for submission, but talking to the interviewer, he sounded interested. And an interview is an interview, right? I'm not sure how the interviews on Friday went - each had a hiccough - but each also had moments when I felt like I shone, so it's hard to say without knowing who's my competition.

On an amusing note, some job titles struck me as funny as I read them:
1. syrup maker (not as interesting as it sounds)
2. assistant to the executive assistant (now there's a mouthful of nothing)
3. analyst for magic software (I can only assume this is a name, not a description...)

No comments: