Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Time flies

It's hard to believe that this day last year I was preparing to write my exams. It seems both longer than a year ago, and shorter at the same time.

I remember even before my exams being very excited about the possibility of working on my own stuff, and I suppose that's part of why it 'feels like it was so long ago' because I haven't been working on my own stuff - I've been trying to slog through stuff other people want me to do in order to get their approval so that I can finally do my own stuff! At least the end is in sight.

But at the same time, work is starting to really heat up and it's demanding more of my time these days. On the other hand, I think we're finally getting the grad conference planning under control, so I hopefully can spend a bit less time emailing the other committee members about that.

It is true that work expands to fill the time available, isn't it?

No comments: