Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Feeling stretched thin

Not much new to report - pretty good weekend: great birthday party (as was last year's), good book club (though wish I'd been able to stay longer), good 'date' with hubby... well, some might think it weird for a date, but we went to see Hostel - nobody fainted so I was mildly disappointed, though I also couldn't see why people are fainting in this thing. There is a sequence where the camera moves with the character, rocking back & forth & I could see that making you queasy, but not fainting. Got lots of work done though, which was the point - all the social stuff was good motivation to get work done so I could reward myself.

Lots of work to be doing soon as I finish this. Furnace guys come to replace our old (and potentially leaky) furnace - thank god the temp is going up a bit more tomorrow, but I'm really hoping the house stays warm enough to work in. The department's in the middle of job talks for two positions - I like going to these - I went to the round last year - but timing might make it iffy that I make it for all of them this time round.

One week to go!

No comments: