Monday, January 30, 2006

Nerves


I am working very hard right now to calm my nervousness. My (final) oral exam is set for two days time. The exam itself makes me nervous.
The fact I haven't heard whether I passed the last written also makes me nervous because I don't think I performed as well on it as I did on the previous two... and I suspect it's just enough that I'm having nightmares of getting to the oral only to turned away and told I'll have to retake the third exam first. I know good preparation is the best solution, but I find myself having difficulty articulating what I want to say and making connections between the exams I just wrote and where I want to go next. I'm sure everything will be fine... I'm just having problems convincing myself right now.

UPDATE: I got the results back - although the one question was a bare pass, the second was strong so I passed the whole thing! Wahoo! Now for the oral I just need to be "specific" and "smart" in the words of one of my examiners.

No comments: