Friday, August 17, 2007

Gone but not forgotten

Last week I had been feeling forgotten, like I was falling prey to "out of sight, out of mind" because of the vast distance between me and the academic people I hang out with.

But last night, my writing group and I met online, and it was fabulous! It took us a good week just to find a day that worked for everyone, but we did it and it was almost like being together. Almost. But it was so good to chat with the members and talk about our writing. As usual, they gave me some excellent ideas, and I'm really excited about implementing them. And I'm absolutely riveted to their narratives - I can't wait to read the next installments!

So this long distance thing does work when everyone's committed to it. It's just getting the committment that's the problem!

No comments: