Thursday, August 16, 2007

I don't remember asking for the "challenge" package

Life has felt like an extra challenge the last few days. I can't even just chalk it up to moving-related stuff. It seems that every aspect of my life seems extra challenging lately.

It is 4pm already and all I can really say I've accomplished is to have taught my one hour of class today. Or at least that's all that feels like it was productive.

If I'd been sipping Mai Tai's on a beach or something the rest of the time, I wouldn't be quite so bothered, but today has been eaten up by a lot of minutiae, which is always annoying. Some of those minutiae exploded in size and the amount of time they ate up, which is doubly annoying. It's one of those days when you start looking at the clock because you can't wait for it to finally be over!

I must admit that I spent some of my time just sitting in my car. I think it was time that I needed to spend there though. This morning as I was driving between errands, I approached a green light. Since it was green, I went through. Twenty-odd years of driving has borne out the assumption that "green means go". Halfway through the intersection, I had to slam on the brakes to keep from being wiped out by a guy in a truck who blew right through a solid red light.

Guess what he was holding up to his ear?

I was shaking so badly from the shock that I had to pull over and sit in my car for a bit. Even then, I almost dropped stuff at the bank because my hands were still shaking.

My car has a really good safety rating - I just don't want to personally test how good it is.

No comments: