Wednesday, June 18, 2008

RBOC: Hump day edition

Yes, I know it's not Friday. But there's no rule that says RBOC can only be on Fridays. 'Cause I said so. So there.
  • My nose and throat are scratchy, which makes me cranky. And less productive. Which makes me even more cranky. Funny how the last time I had a cold was last July. Why don't I get colds when other people do, you know, in winter?
  • I'm thinking lots about student cheating, and why it happens, and how it's so easy to understand when you know a student is struggling, and how utterly reprehensible it looks when you watch the student who struggled to produce hu's own, from scratch paper that really wasn't good while someone else tries to take the easy way out.
  • I'm stuck in the diss chapter trying to work out a connection between the prosthetic impulse, war, and the notion of Progress. Don't know where to find the answer, so I'm avoiding that section. But I'll have to come back to it sooner or later.
  • I've booked a flight back to meet with my advisor(s), arrange paperwork, and have this latest chapter of the diss workshopped with some smart people. Problem is, that means I HAVE to have the chapter done by then!
  • I saw The Happening on the weekend, which means I understand when critics say its not like his previous work (that's a good thing for this movie), but I'm surprised that I haven't heard more buzz about the explanation for why the events in the movie take place. It's an interesting idea, and I'm surprised I haven't seen much talk about it. Perhaps that'll be a blog post for later this week
I like these bullet things. Much easier than a coherent blog post. I'll have to do them more often...

No comments: