Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Georgia and back

Okay, well I haven't left Georgia yet - I head out in about a half hour. But the conference here was fabulous, and my wonderful friend who organized it pulled off a coup in that everyone absolutely enjoyed it despite what she saw as all the things that went wrong.

But I have made a note to myself not to try to organize a conference in the first couple of years as an Assistant Professor (provided that's where my life and abilities take me!) My panel went very well and we had some good conversation after the presentation. I feel like the time frame was a bit of a problem because it felt like I glossed over some of what I wanted to say in the interests of fitting within the time, but overall, I think I made my points.

The panel I chaired was great fun too - well, except for the fact that we had a non-topic related panelist added on in the last minute, and the conversation about that paper threatened to erupt into a heated discussion that really would've taken us away from the purpose of the panel. But we got back on track so it's all good.

I'm just trying for the next few minutes to enjoy the warm sun and air here before I head back home. I know I'd hate the summer heat, but boy is it nice down here in October! More later.

No comments: