Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Feeling kinda homesick today and I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe just because so much is up in the air with the moving, maybe just 'cause I'm missing the girls some, maybe 'cause I talked to my sister yesterday...I just don't know.

All I know is that I keep thinking about home today. When one of the students in my class who is doing a project on nuclear energy asked me whether there was the same level of fear in Canada as the U.S. about nuclear energy, I of course thought of home. And then when I went to get some lunch and realized that I would get both change and bills back after paying the bill, I missed loonies & toonies (and it sure didn't take me long to get used to change again when we were Nova Scotia earlier). But neither of these things in and of themselves should make me homesick - I have people ask me all the time about Canada, and I've certainly gotten used to dollar bills again (at least I'm old enough to have remembered them in Canada).

Don't know why I'm missing home, but I am. Maybe 'cause I haven't heard from any friends for a long time... I wonder if they still think of me....

Maybe I'm just starting to feel like I'm not going to get ahead here - what with the setbacks I've had in trying to get some extra employment. I applied for a scholarship a month ago - Dwayne heard back from them (unfortuntely he didn't get the scholarship), but they haven't even bothered contacting me. Don't I at least rate a PFO letter?

Big, fat raspberry -

No comments: