Sunday, July 27, 2003

Life still doesn't feel quite normal yet - and while this move is not a joltingly disturbing as the last one - it certainly has been more disruptive than I would have imagined before it began. Having said that, things are starting to look a little more normal and the box/furniture ratio is decreasing...there are parts of the house that almost look their normal chaotic selves! This move is certainly going to benefit the kids the most. They are the ones who really win out as far as space goes...but all of us will feel like we have a bit more elbow room. Just the fact that you can go to another level where there might only be one other person will help give the impression that you have more room, and that will help a lot when we're trying to study in the middle of winter and you can't escape outside so easily.

Getting near the end of term - which, as usual, is good and bad. Good in that I will soon have a couple of weeks in which I only have to prep for fall, and bad in that I have much to do; lots of student papers to read, and my own paper that I've been putting off with the excuse of the move. I'll have to plan some workdays this week.

No comments: