Monday, August 04, 2003

I am desperately trying to finish off a paper from last term. I am now down to about ten days, and I've had over two months to do it - long live procrastination! I am just starting to pull myself out of that place where (if you've done this before yourself, you'll know what I mean) you are reading and reading and reading, justifying to yourself that you need to gather more research before beginning to write, but really all you are doing is avoiding sitting down and writing the damn thing. I have to stop reading and start writing. After all, if I write and then find I still need more, then that's the time to head off to the library, not now when I don't need more material, I just need to put that material down on paper.

At least I have finished the biggest part of the marking for class until the end of the term (which, conveniently, is three days after I have to hand my own paper in!) - thank goodness for that!

No comments: