Sunday, October 05, 2003

The major preoccupation of my life is still my state of health. I am happy that I have ditched the cane and can walk (mostly) without it. I'm not too bad in running shoes (sneakers in local parlance), but barefoot I am still barely doing better than hobbling. And my relative grace in walking depends on whether I've been sitting for a while, or already walking for a while. It doesn't even take long - sit for an hour, and I can barely move. Walk for five minutes, and I can imagine actually running again in a few weeks. It's a very 'divided' kind of sense of how well I'm recovering.

Other than that, I suppose my academics are benefitting since I'm not out doing anything, or exercising at all, though I'm feeling like I have cabin fever.

We did go out on Friday night over to the house of one of the other Alpha Omega members. Actually, it was this gorgeous loft apartment that looked like slightly lived in showroom, but it was a nice gathering. At one point in the night, it was just four of us around the table. It was the most Canadians I had hung out with since leaving home. Miss lots of people lots.

No comments: