Sunday, October 12, 2003

Our family - I would say entire, but there have been occasional moments when one or more family members have held out - has been watching the progress of the Sox - Yankees match-up over this week. Why do I suddenly find myself watching baseball, when I usually do not more than watch the occasional football game? Good question. Perhaps its just because I'd rather watch it than study, though I think that category is reserved for Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Perhaps it comes from having met some avid Sox fans who are actually intelligent too - making me wonder what I might be missing. Perhaps its because I'm having students skip class because they can't be bothered to get up in the morning after celebrating a victory the night before - the series dominates the airwaves and newspaper pages of this city. Perhaps because my book club meeting next weekend will potentially be rescheduled or cancelled to accomodate fans who would rather watch the game than read books - what gives with that!? Whatever it is, I've been watching - and will likely continue to watch till they lose.

Game 4 starts in a few minutes...the Sox need to win this one to tie the series back up at 2 and 2...otherwise, the next couple of games will be nailbiters.

No comments: