Wednesday, October 15, 2003

So nothing much today has gone as planned. And those are even the plans I had to modify yesterday in response to events then. Sometimes I wonder if I should just chuck planning all together...but I'm not sure how you do that without becoming a complete vegetable...and it would drive me nuts anyway - maybe even more nuts that when my plans have to change.

So in my disgust I starting reading favorite blogs...and trying to find the one I was reading when my computer crashed the other day - still haven't found it - mostly 'cause I can't remember what it was called, but it sounded very interesting (and useful along the lines of the last post).

In my random internet wanderings I came across this series of pictures. Before you go there, note: you can change the music by clicking the down arrow in the top right hand corner. They certainly aren't Ansel Adams calibre, but I think these kinds of pictures say something about the choices we make when confronted with the kind of absurdity that the request to shoot a picture proving your camera isn't a bomb inspires in people. I looked at each of them, trying to imagine what the owner/photographer was thinking about as he/she snapped the shot. Some obviously just shot, not caring what was being recorded while others, faced with the demand to shoot a picture, felt the need to compose the shot - some even going so far as posing a subject.

Interesting, in one of those odd sort of ways. I think I'd like to see the rest of them.

No comments: