Monday, July 24, 2006

Back

I'm exhausted. I sit here trying to put together my thoughts, but the only one that keeps running through my head is "I'm exhausted" The trouble with going to Calgary is that we know enough people that anything short of a week means we're out all day... and most of the nights!

It's not even that there's that many people to see - just that there are too many to see them all in only a couple of days. I missed meeting up with one really good friend just because she was busy and we were busy and by the time we could've got together, I had no more time left. I'm very sorry I didn't get to talk to her. I really wish I had. But it didn't work out.

So I regret not seeing her, and sit here with a brain full of fuzzy cotton (sis, I'm thinking of your dream now too!) trying to think of something intelligent to say. Good thing teaching this morning was the same ol' same ol' otherwise I would've been lost.

Travelling so far, especially from one country to another always does amaze me though. As we rode home from the airport, I couldn't help but notice how different that ride felt from the one to the airport in Calgary. Even the air smells different here. I'm sure much of it is just my awareness that things are different, but each place still feels distinctly different.

But perhaps I should wait to blog something intelligent when I'm actually feeling more intelligent!

No comments: