Wednesday, July 05, 2006

No name post

My creativity has ebbed with my energy, thus no post title... the post itself might not be much better...

Oldest daughter should be arriving at her destination soon. We woke at 3:30 am to get her to the airport on time. She actually had three friends show up to accompany her in the limo - yes, she had a gift certificate for a free limo ride to the airport. They gave them to all the students who were leaving to go to school - how nice! First time I've ever been in a limo. Very nice. I could get used to it. Then again, my parents always did tell me I had expensive tastes... I've just never had the budget to indulge them!

Firecracker fiends were setting off squealers and poppers till long after midnight though. Very little sleep = lack of creativity.

I did cry. But just a little. She did too. Even while she was telling me not to. It's kinda nice to know she'll miss me at the same time as I'm missing her.

I also discovered that it is only the Dunkin Donuts near my school that are open at 6 am - ugh!

My students got what little energy I had this morning, which is reassuring, because if I had to teach at this moment, I'd have nothing.

I just missed a lucrative summer job offer by ten minutes. If I'd gotten home ten minutes earlier, I could have at least considered whether or not to take it. As is, the point is moot - the position is filled now. Too bad. I would've liked the choice.

What little energy still remained this afternoon was used up emailing my landlord and telling her that "no, I am not willing to move half my household items to a storage facility for a month, then go and pick them up again, just so that the house looks larger without so much furniture in it" sheesh! I know she wants to sell the place as soon as possible after we leave, but it's still my living space in the meantime.

No comments: